Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Baby Who Almost Wasn't May Just Skip the NICU

All right, so I may be getting ahead myself, but we just got amazing news yesterday, and it gave me a lot of hope.


Your bright bowel has cleared. Yay!!!  Two weeks ago, you were in the 12th percentile for weight, weighing only 1.1 pounds. Yesterday you jumped to the 21st percentile and gained a half-pound in two weeks!! The amniotic fluid that was surrounding you was only at an 8 two weeks ago - the normal range being 8-24.  Yesterday I was at 16!! And the doctor couldn't get a good look at your foot, but the tech and I didn't see any sign of rocker bottom foot. 

So all this news just brought even better news.  If you keep thriving like this, we may be able to push past 34 weeks and you may avoid the NICU altogether.  I swear, you are taking all the bad news and just laughing in the face of doom, and saying, "Oh Yeah???  Think so?  I don't.  I think I'm going to turn things around and show you how awesome I am." 

I like it. Keep it coming.

Doc says we're not out of the woods yet, but that we can relax at 30 weeks - just three weeks away!!!  I know we can do this.  I am so excited. I love you so much!!!!!


***
After reading my most recent post about you, I realized I haven't posted all the other super-awesome-fantastic news we've been receiving!  First chromosome test results: CLEAR!!  Virus results: CLEAR!!  Micro array chromosome test results: CLEAR!!!! And no signs of neural tube defects or anything else resulting from high AFP levels.  Tippity tap, tap!

I don't know if we'll do it, but Daddy and I are seriously considering giving you the middle name "Danger." I was growing leery of it, worried about it hurting your chances of becoming a senator later. But as I type this, I think you may have earned it.  And it will make you a wicked cool Navy Seal.

No comments:

Post a Comment